Monday, January 29, 2007

Wow...it's been almost a year since I started this blog to crap about my daily mundane boring life~! Hahaha...time really flies doesn't it. Seriously, it's scary how fast my life is passing through...I haven even got time to stop and breathe and really think about my entire life.
Alot has happened in the past year, there has been mistakes, some I wished I didn't make...some I'm glad I did as it made me grow up a lil more and be clearer about myself and what I want in my life. Still, I miss my old friends. Miss the times we hung out together. Whether it was shopping, studying or simply guy-watching...it was a time when I can really be silly and not care too much about the world around me...even if it's just for a couple of hours.
But as people say...life goes on. As much as I still wish we could go back to old times when there weren't so much problems, truth is...people change. Some walk into your life and they walk out without leaving any impression or memory at all. Then there are some that you wouldn't be able to forget in your entire lifetime...these are the people that made you laugh, made you cry and offer a shoulder to lean on when you feel like the whole world is caving in. They are there in your darkest hours, offering words of comfort and a listening ear for you to pour your soul out. These are your true friends in life. And trust me, it's not everyday that you can find a person like that. Someone whom you know you can trust with your secrets and heartaches and happiness. If your lucky enough to meet one in your life, treasure that person.
Humans are far from perfect. However much we want to believe that we're perfect. The truth is, we're just not. And never will be. We spend fortunes trying to fix things that weren't even broken in the first place. We're always comparing ourselves with other people...always not good enough, not pretty enough, not rich enough, not famous enough, not perfect enough. We are too obsessed with all the petty things like money, looks and fame that we forgot the thing that really matter in life. Love. And I'm not just refering to boyfriend-girlfriend kind of love. It can be anything...love for your pet, love for your family, love for your dear friends... Love is what makes us whole. But we often forget that until it's much, much too late. We fail to appreciate the little things in life until they've slipped away from us. Then it hits us in the face just how much those little things mattered to us in the first place.

No comments: